If you would like to continue to see my posts, follow my new blog Just Jenny! It will be a more personal and accurate depiction of my life. I am so excited to get back into the swing of things. Check it out!
The beginning of the week can be hard and discouraging, but sometimes, a little push will make us feel like we can get through it. I’ve decided to post a motivational quote that I find interesting and empowering every Monday morning. I hope these inspire you to live a life full of gratitude and happiness.
So as you can tell by the title, my finals week is coming up as I’m sure it is for others as well. This can be a stressful time filled with lack of sleep, unhealthy eating habits and loads of stress. Even though final preparation and studying only takes up a few weeks of your life, all of these things can be detrimental to your health and your skin. It can also take a while for you to fully recover from it. I am acne prone, so this is probably my least favorite time of the year. However, I have discovered a few tips to keeping my skin clear during finals or during any stressful week throughout the school year. I have been trying these out and thought I would share it would you guys! The list is still growing, but here are a few things I have learned:
Today I am here to fill you in on the makeup products I use on a day-to-day basis. I am a college student, so I don’t wear too much makeup to classes, but I wear just enough to look alive and rejuvenated for the day. Here are my essentials for running out the door:
I can’t believe it is almost May already! Summer is coming quicker than we know it.
I was super busy this month, so I didn’t have time to try a lot of products. However, there are a few things I have been loving this month that I wanted to share!
Finally! The weather is getting nicer and summer is coming. However, this can be problematic for those with oily skin. Oil can cause your makeup to melt right off your face when you’re trying to keep it lasting all day. However, I’ve been researching and trying out some ways to help keep my makeup in place and have come up with a list of tips for sweat-proof makeup!
- Drink a lot of water – This can help prevent you from sweating as much and cools your body down. Less sweat equals less oil production on your face!
- Use water resistant makeup – Water resistant makeup works, even when it comes to oil. Mascara and eyeliner are some of the products that are available waterproof. Using these products rather than the original makes a huge difference because these won’t run down your face when you are sweating.
- Skip powder – Instead of absorbing oil, powder can make your skin look chalky and exaggerates fine lines and wrinkles. Use blotting papers to get rid of oil without messing up your makeup.
- Use a primer – Primer is a great base to help your makeup stay in place. Using a pore filling primer is even better because it closes the pores that are producing oil.
- Use setting spray – This is so important! Setting spray is an amazing and effective way to keep your makeup lasting for hours. I use the Urban Decay De Slick setting spray, which is perfect for those with oily skin. I have also heard amazing things about the Skindinavia setting spray for oily skin.
- Try to avoid using dark colored eye makeup – These colors are usually not best for the summer anyways. They will run down your face with sweat. Try sticking to colors that are neutral or light because these tend not to look as obvious as the darker ones.
- Use less foundation – Avoid caking on your foundation. Try applying a little foundation at a time to create a more natural look that won’t melt off.
Disclaimer: These tips are not perfect. I use these and my makeup still ends up beginning to melt. However, these definitely prolong my makeup longer than it would if I didn’t do anything at all.
Let me know if you guys have any tips or tricks to keeping your makeup sweat proof!