Today I am here to fill you in on the makeup products I use on a day-to-day basis. I am a college student, so I don’t wear too much makeup to classes, but I wear just enough to look alive and rejuvenated for the day. Here are my essentials for running out the door:
- Primer – This is the first thing I put on. Even if you’re not putting too much makeup on, it is important to prime your face so it stays on. I currently use the Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser, which is not the best when it comes to long wear, so if you will be wearing a lot of makeup on a certain day, I wouldn’t suggest it. However, this one is great if you are going for a natural look and not putting too much makeup on. It really does fill your pores and gives you a good base to work with.
- Under Eye Concealer – If there was one makeup product I can’t leave the house without, it would be this one. I have really dark under eye circles, especially when I am at school since I am constantly busy and up late. I use the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle Treatment Concealer. This does a great job at concealing under eye circles. If you have super dry under eyes, I would suggest moisturize really well because sometimes this can stick to dry patches, however, it really brightens them up and makes you look alive.
- Concealer – Concealer is another necessity, unless I am trying to rest my acne prone skin for the day. I like to cover up my red patches and acne because I feel like it makes me look more tired and washed out. I have been using the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer (Light). This stuff is probably not the best for my skin, but I love it anyway. It leaves a very dewy finish and has pretty good coverage for day to day wear. It also lasts a long time on the skin, so you probably won’t have to reapply throughout the day.
- Mascara – Mascara is the one eye product I have to wear everyday so I look more awake and my eyes look bigger. I am constantly switching up my mascara because I am still trying to find the perfect one, but the CoverGirl Full Lash Bloom Mascara is the one I am currently using. This stuff is honestly pretty good at giving length that isn’t too dramatic. It’s not really volumizing, but I am into thinner lashes anyways. I have a hard time getting this off, even with eye makeup remover, but that is really it’s only flaw.
- Eyebrow Powder – I have recently gotten into filling in my eyebrows. My eyebrows have always been thick, so I never found the need to do it, however, once I started, I can’t stop. It gives so much more definition to the face and can distract the eye if you have a lot of acne or redness (this is what I like to think. I have been using the NYX Cosmetics Eyebrow Cake Powder. I actually tried their eyebrow pencil, but I prefer this much more. It darkens the brows, while also filling them in and giving them a shape. Also, the dark brown color in this product matches me unlike any other brow product I have tried. I highly recommend it!
These are the products I can’t leave the house without! What are your day-to-day essentials? Let me know in the comments below 🙂