So I wanted to do something a little more personal and fun today. I feel like I haven’t told you much about the kind of makeup I like and enjoy so I decided to do a tag I discovered on The Beauty Section, a beauty blog I recently discovered.
- Do you remember your first makeup item?
I am not sure, but it was probably a Mary Kay black eye liner because my mom used to buy me ten of those at a time.
2. Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one that fits your specifications?
Definitely one that mainly lengthens. I prefer long, thin lashes because I think they are most natural. The closest I have come to finding this is the Cover Girl Super Sizer Fibers Mascara. This one is great for giving you long lashes, however, I have had issues where it has stuck to my lashes and I couldn’t get it off for the life of me.
3. What kind of coverage do you prefer from foundation?
I thought I loved full coverage foundation, but recently, I prefer light coverage because of my combination skin. When I apply a think foundation, it either excentuates my dry patches or melts right off my face when I sweat. I think sticking with a low coverage, light foundation works best for me.
4. Favorite high end brand?
Ugh, this is a hard one. I would have to say either Too Faced or Tarte because their products are always high quality. Another favorite is Urban Decay.
5. What cosmetic brands have you always wanted to try but still haven’t?
I really want to try Kat Von D’s liquid liner and foundation. Also, I have never tried Colour Pop (I need to get on that ASAP)
6. Favorite drugstore brand?
Maybelline, for sure. They always have high quality products!
7. Do you wear fake eyelashes?
Not on a day-to-day basis, but I do wear them for special occasions or shows (I am on the school’s hip-hop team). I like them because they give me that extra pop mascara doesn’t.
8. Is there any kind of makeup you can’t leave the house without?
Concealer! I have a lot of acne, so I need this to cover it.
9. What is your most cherised beauty product?
This is a tough one! It has to be the Cocoa Contour palette by Too Faced. It is so beautiful. I always protect it from the edge of my desk/counter because if it cracked, I would cry forever.
10. How often do you shop for makeup? Do you like to pick up an item here and there or get lots of goodies at once?
I usually get products when I need them. Once in a while, I would go crazy and buy a lot of products I have been wanting, but usually I just wait until its necessary because I want to get use out of everything.
11. Do you have a “beauty budget” or you spend freely?
I do have a “beauty budget” because if I didn’t, I would spend like a crazy person. However, when there is something I really want, I don’t mind spending the extra money on it.
12. Do you utilize coupons, rewards cards and sales when you shop for cosmetics?
Of course! I definitely look out for when there are sales are going on. I’m more likely to purchase it if there is a certain promotion.
13. What type of product do you buy the most of?
Concealer. It’s a necessity!
14. Is there a brand that you absolutely can’t stand?
It’s not that I can’t stand it, but I think Lorac is a bit overrated. I have used a few of their products and they have not lived up to what I expected.
15. Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics like parabens or sulfates?
No I don’t, but I really should because I have acne-prone skin/
16. Do you have a favorite place to shop for makeup?
Sephora is beautiful, but I would probably have to choose Ulta because you can buy both high-end and affordable products. Everything you could possibly want is there and it’s perfect.
17. Do you like trying new skincare products or do you keep a certain routine?
I only try new skincare products because I have had no luck with the other ones I have tried. I recently got prescribed gel and face wash by the dermatologist that I will discuss in an upcoming post!
18. Favorite bath and body brand?
Bath and body works 🙂
19. If you could only buy from one brand, which brand would you choose?
Urban Decay. They always have great products. Some of the products I use the most are from them.
20. What brand do you think has the best packaging?
Too Faced is the cutest. I’m so obsessed with their packaging. I want one of those heart-shaped blushes so badly!
21. Which celebrity always has great makeup?
Hmm I don’t have an opinion on this.
22. Do you belong to any online makeup communities?
I don’t know of any, but I would love to join some!
23. Favorite Beauty Gurus
Kathleen Lights, Jaclyn Hill
24. Do you like multifunctional products like lip and cheek stains?
I am not a huge fan of this. I think products that specialize in one thing work much better.
25. Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
I hope not! I spend a lot of time on my makeup. I have my good and my bad days, but that’s normal.
26. Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
Yes! I love all of the Urban Decay primer potions. They work the best.
27. How many hair products do you use on a typical day?
The only hair product I use honestly is It’s A 10 leave-in conditioner when I get out of the shower. I love that stuff because it prevents frizziness and fly aways.
28. What do you apply first, concealer or foundation?
Foundation! I feel it’s more effective.
29. Do you ever consider taking makeup classes?
I have never thought about it, but it is definitely something I would consider in the future. I love makeup and would love to learn new ways and tricks myself.
30. What do you love about makeup?
I love makeup because it allows you be creative in a unique way. I love being able to mess with new looks and try things out to see if they suit me or not.
If anyone does this tag, comment the link to your post below so I can check yours out! 🙂